Thursday 10 January 2013

Rankin Photography.

I am looking at the photographer Rankin. I have studied Rankin's photography before and I loved his work so much I thought I could look at him again but in a deeper concept. Rankin is a very high profile photographer that has worked with countless amounts of actors, actresses, musicians ect. His work is very precise and his images are amazing. I can see that every image is very well thought through. The styling on his shoots are just another added positive to his work. He knows exactly what he wants from the shot and works extremely hard to get it.

As my project is based around Graffiti, which involves shape, structure, a various bright colour pallet, words, letters and numbers, I wanted to look at photo-shoots that Rankin had done that I could link with my project. I needed to get an idea of why he shot the shots he did? Was there a meaning behind them? Is there a story to look further into in a particular shoot? Does he use a particular type of model each time? Is there a certain type of client profile he uses? I am about to find the answers to these questions.

Here are some of the results from my search of photo-shoots that I can relate to with my project.
















No comments:

Post a Comment